The Ministry of Energy, Commerce and Industry announced approval by the Council of Ministers of the Subsidy Scheme for the Development, Modernization and Digital Upgrade of Manufacturing/ Processing Units and/ or Trading of agricultural products. The total amount to be allocated to the needs of the Call amounts to €25 million.
The Subsidy Scheme Aims to support existing and new businesses operating in the processing and/ or trading of agricultural products.
Its specific objectives are:
- The upgrading and/ or development of modern processing and/ or trading units of agricultural products.
- Increasing the number of small and medium-sized enterprises that use Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), including e-commerce.
- The development of new products with high added value.
- The development of new processing methods and the implementation of technologies associated with these products and the promotion of innovative investment.
- The utilisation of raw materials of agricultural origin, utilising primarily local production.
- The conservation and promotion of traditional and organic products.
- The creation of new jobs, particularly in rural areas
Categories of eligible expenditures include Buildings, New machinery/ Equipment, Digital Upgrade Expenses, Means of transportation, Specific General Expenses.
The Subsidy Scheme will be launched for proposal /application submission on March 1st 2022.