The Ministry of Energy, Commerce and Industry announced approval by the Council of Ministers of the Subsidy Scheme for the Development, Modernization and Digital Upgrade of Manufacturing/ Processing Units and/ or Trading of agricultural products. The total amount to be allocated to the needs of the Call amounts to €25 million.
The Subsidy Scheme Aims to support existing and new businesses operating in the processing and/ or trading of agricultural products.
Its specific objectives are:
- The upgrading and/ or development of modern processing and/ or trading units of agricultural products.
- Increasing the number of small and medium-sized enterprises that use Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), including e-commerce.
- The development of new products with high added value.
- The development of new processing methods and the implementation of technologies associated with these products and the promotion of innovative investment.
- The utilisation of raw materials of agricultural origin, utilising primarily local production.
- The conservation and promotion of traditional and organic products.
- The creation of new jobs, particularly in rural areas
Categories of eligible expenditures include Buildings, New machinery/ Equipment, Digital Upgrade Expenses, Means of transportation, Specific General Expenses.
The Subsidy Scheme will be launched for proposal /application submission on March 1st 2022.
Fill out the “Eligibility Check” form or “Contact Us” in order to let you know whether you are eligible to apply for this or any other available subsidy scheme.